Join WISCONSIN FORWARD TOGETHER for a “MORAL WEEK OF ACTION”
August 21 – 28, 2014
11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Wisconsin State Capitol
East Entrance Steps
- Thursday, 8/21: News Conference with Wisconsin Clergy and Moral Leaders
- Friday, 8/22: Labor Rights, Fair and Living Wages and Economic Justice
- Saturday, 8/23: Education and Criminal Justice
- Sunday, 8/24: Equal Protection Under the Law – Call for Respect in the Law and in the Community
- Monday , 8/25: Youth Moral Monday: Program totally led by young people.
- Tuesday, 8/26: Women’s Rights
- Wednesday, 8/27: Medicaid Expansion, Health Care and Environmental Justice
- Thursday, 8/28: Closing Day: Voting Rights: Vote Your Dreams and Not Your Fears
On the final day, Thursday, August 28, we commemorate the 51st Anniversary of the
March on Washington.
More information on the Dane County NAACP website
These events are inspired by North Carolina’s Moral Monday movement which has been underway since 2013 in response to destructive laws similar to those passed by the Wisconsin legislature.